Oct 18, 2010

Oral Hygiene Of The Baby.

Baby at Dentist
The care of oral hygiene should start from birth.

In newborns, the cleaning should be done with a diaper or gauze moistened in clean water to remove residual milk. With the birth of the first teeth (at around 6 months), the diaper should be replaced by a finger stall. At 18 months, with the birth of the first deciduous molars, hygiene should be conducted with an infant toothbrush without toothpaste or a toothpaste without fluoride. The fluoride toothpaste should be used only from 2 or 3 years old when the child is able to spit through their excess.

Caries is a transmissible disease. Streptococcus mutans, the bacterium that causes tooth decay, can be transmitted from mother to child by direct contact. Therefore, one should not blow the baby food or try it with his fork. Do not allow strangers to kiss the little baby's face, because it is possible to transmit the bacteria.

The first dental visit should be made even during pregnancy. The ideal is that the mother make an appointment to receive the necessary guidance to maintain proper oral health of your child. Regardless of the consultation have been undertaken of the pregnancy, the baby's first visit should be around 6 months, coinciding with the birth of the first deciduous tooth. Preferably, the query must be performed with the dentist, because he is a qualified professional to make that first call.

The baby bottle tooth decay is rapidly (acute), causing pain and difficulty in feeding, causing loss of weight and height. It is caused by ingestion of sugary liquid in the bottle, especially at night, when no made oral hygiene in the baby.

Dr. Caio Racy

5 comments:

João Lenjob said...

Look, keep posting daily five poems on my blog, http://lenjob.blogspot.com, but I came to present my castle, http://castelodopoeta.blogspot.com, which is interactive, with poems by other poets, videos, short films, interviews, exhibitions, etc ... where art, photography, fashion (and the second will be posted the interview with the booker at Ford Models Sandra Sayão of Mines) and alternative sports and wanted to visit there. I await!
Sincerely,

John Lenjob

Thy Steps
John Lenjob

If you are so sad
I commit myself to your moves
Follow them without self-pity
And let me drain your tears
And make me your tenderness
Make me your destination, your child, your life
And find the happiness that comes folded and
Arriving with dreams
That enriches every second of hope.

If you are so sad
Interfere in your every step
And weep as companion
And I promise that better days will flow in you
And make up our moments
I do recall a coil, my girl
And I choose your smile in remembrance
What happens naturally
That is huge as you were for me, noble woman.

Ps.: bar the right of my blog has the address of the site in English.

Emy said...

What a great post! My son is 19 months old and we have been brushing his teeth since he got his first tooth.

I'm a new follower. I found you through Mommy Blogger Club.

Have a great day!

http://alwaysaroundboys.blogspot.com

Songberries said...

What a great post, makes me wish I had a little one, but alas, mine are pre~teen, teens and older.
I found you through the Mom Bloggers. I'm following you. Stop by and visit when you get a moment.
http://songberries.blogspot.com

fazrul arhan said...

Guess i can learn so many things here Isha..great writing!

Inspiring Stories said...

I really like the information you share on your blog about childcare, very helpful tips for mothers. Keep it coming.