|Image courtesy by Zuna.com: "You are what you eat"|
The frequent errors in feeding:
The food is not a reward nor a punishment, and so little should be a relief to the tensions. The food must have its place, its time and its control.
The major responsibility for the overweight child is the parents who determine what is consumed at home or abroad. Normally, by ignorance or ignorance of parents, children consume more amount of food than they need, and their food is very rich in fats, sugars, meats, precooked foods, sweets and cakes. These are children who consume few vegetables, fruit and fish.
Many children leave home without taking breakfast (milk, fruit, bread, etc.).. In the latest research on childhood overweight, it was found that many children go to school without breakfast in the morning. The breakfast is one of the most important meal of the day, and is directly implicated in weight regulation.
Besides the errors mentioned, many parents make errors in:
- Forcing the child to eat more than you can.
- Rewarding good behavior with sweets and other high-calorie foods.
- To punish children without food for presenting some unfavorable behavior.
- Any major event celebrate giving a food "without quality".
- Allow intake sweets, cakes, fizzy drinks and sugary.
- Offering often pre-cooked dishes becouse "lack of time".
Do not forget:
"Good nutrition begins with good habits from parents and are examples for the children"