Feb 5, 2011

We must understand the children.

These days, on a ride on the shopping center, my family were relaxing to drinking a fruit juice and feeding our baby Hannah, when hysterical screams of a woman and a child aged 5-6 years started at some distance from us. We looked and saw a woman shaking violently her child wich crying increasingly strong.

Without thinking much I went near and ask them: Can I help? The response was silence for 5 seconds, and towards amazed, the child talked first.

She said:
- I want the Doll, the green! Please.
I was speechless and then I heard the mother say.
- This girl is terrible, I'm in a hurry and she wants to stop at every store!

I replied that the child seemed very polite and nice, not so terrible, and if the "Ms. Mom" allow show me what she wants, I would be happy to offer as a gift.

The reply came fast:
- I can not wait, have to go to the home of a friend, I have a pledge!
I said:
- No problem, show me what she want, give me the name and address home of your friend, I tell the store to deliver quickly. Is it just a gift. We exchanged our phones to identify the address correctly?

The lady agreed, the child smiled, gave me a kiss, thanked and went away.

I kept thinking: I have my Hannah, only 9 months, She still does not asks toys on the stores, or other material things. She asks only for food, affection and play baby. I'm anxious to get her to walk, hear she talk and start to really show your personality and ask me things; toys, dolls, food. I want she to ask me and show so much things!

The mother of child, I would say that was educated in good schools. So I think the financial issue was not what made the mother argue with his little daughter. I think maybe it was the lack of dialogue mother and young daughter.

Anyway, I think my desire to have Hannah asking me toys, walking, pointing with his hands, had an enormous effect on my attitude to intervene in something that was not (perhaps) my responsibility. But I was very pleased when I entered the store and bought the toy doll green and Hannah looked at him and it seemed that his eyes lit up!

Then I bought two, one for the child and one for my baby Hannah.

Leaving the store, I did a little silent prayer: May G-d allow My relationship with Hannah be blessed so I can understand She always.

5 comments:

Madama said...

Beautiful...Learning lessons from people you meet everyday. Thanks for sharing this.

Sunshine

SORAYA VIPOESIAS said...

Hello Adelle !
I very liked of your blog and this postage is very interesting !
Congratulation !
God bless you and your family !
It is a pleasure your visit in my blog, thanks
Bye
Soraya

thekingpin68 said...

'I replied that the child seemed very polite and nice, not so terrible, and if the "Ms. Mom" allow show me what she wants, I would be happy to offer as a gift.

Then I bought two, one for the child and one for my baby Hannah.'

Very caring, Adelle. I respect you for your care for others.

Blessings.

Dawn and Derek said...

There is a serene and innocence to your blog. I love that.

Please view my blog @ Angels of Inspiration become a follower and share your thoughts on our daily post comment sections. http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fangelsofinspiration.blogspot.com%2F&h=ae6f3

Bhargav said...

Darling mother of a sweet child... hey friend , god bless you and your child, sweet lil Hannah, and gives you more strength to fulfil all her dreams ...

really touched with that blog full of swwetness, to give is an art and you seems to have mastered it...

GOD BLESS DEAR